Washington Cell Phone Program
There is a free Washington cell phone program available to Washington residents. This service is granted to those individuals who dearly need government assistance on cell phone service and other basic life needs like communications.
The competition among the different commercial cell phone companies like, Verizon, At&t and T-mobile is tough. They reach to a point where they try to make their services affordable or almost cheap to attract more customers. Even with their marketing strategy, there are still many people who can’t afford service despite the fact that these people need cell phone service. The impoverished people in Washington are very fortunate because the free Washington cell phone program is approved in their state.
The US free government cell phone program is managed by Lifeline together with Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC). They make sure that the vision and mission of the free government cell phone program is delivered as expected. Washington is one of the states where Lifeline and USAC takes care of the program. They secure phone carriers to administer the free Washington cell phone program to service those who qualify.
The free Washington cell phone service is granted through Assurance Wireless, Safe link Wireless, and Reachout Wireless. These are the three main providers of free government cell phone program and Washington residents gets to choose among these three carriers.
Safelink Wireless Washington Cell Phone Plan
The Free Washington cell phone service grants the following cell phone plan features to Washington residents with Safe link Wireless support:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of Washington cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless Washington Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless Washington Cell Phone Plan
Free Washington cell phone service grants the following cell phone plan features to Washington residents with Assurance Wireless support:
- Free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10 cent; each, 10 cent text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless Washington Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Reachout Wireless Washington Cell Phone Plan
The free Washington cell phone service grants the following cell phone plan featuress to Washington residents with Reachout Wireless support:
- 250 minutes of airtime every month
- if you want to upgrade your minutes they have small monthly fee
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- International Long Distance
- Select Text Messaging
- Voice Mail
Reachout Wireless Washington Cell Phone Plan Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
Am I Eligible for Free Washington Cell Phone?
The free Washington cell phone service qualifies Washington residents to see if they are eligible. You are eligible if you are enrolled in any state assistance program or your total household income is at or below the 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. With the Washington state population of about 7,000,000, over 12% of them are living in poverty and are the qualified residents. The free Washington cell phone is only provided one service per household.
Washington State Assistance Programs that qualify you:
- Community Options Program Entry System (COPES)
- Disability Lifeline (formerly General Assistance)
- DSHS Chore Service
- Medical Assistance (including Medicare cost-sharing programs)
- Refugee Assistance
- State Family Assistance (SFA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
How to get Free Washington Cell Phone?
Washington is one of the few states that has the three major carriesr of the free government cell phone program. Qualified Washington residents can choose between Assurance Wireless, Safe link Wireless, and Reachout Wireless to get their free government cell phone service. All you need to do is to choose among the three carriers and send your application online and provide all the necessary documents for the requirements. Your application will be valid if you have a physical address as PO Boxes are not accepted.
Educate yourself more about your state’s free government cell phone service and the carriers who’ll provide the service to you. Here are links for you to review on: