Vermont Cell Phone Program
Vermont does not yet have any Vermont cell phone program. Vermont is also one of the few states that does not participate in the free government cell phone program.
Times are hard and the federal government has developed a nice free cell phone program to support what the people need, especially for those individuals who cant afford their daily necessities. The US free government cell phone is administered by Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC). They take care of cell phone service to those citizens who are unfortunately in poverty. Vermont poverty rate is 11.5% only, which is below the nation’s poverty rate of 15.1%. Although it is only 11.5% of the 625,741 (as of 2010) population, we still can’t deny the fact that they also need state assistance program like a free Vermont cell phone program. There are always poor people who would have a better life in Vermont with a free Vermont cell phone program.
Right now, there is no cell phone program nor carrier approved to provide cell phone service through a Vermont cell phone program. Currently, residents can’t take advantage of any free cell phone program but when the time comes that service for this program will be approved, Safe link Wireless, Assurance Wireless, and Reachout Wireless are three of the eleven free cell phone carriers who will probably be there to serve Vermont.
Safelink Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Plan
Vermont residents don’t yet have a free Vermont cell phone service yet but when they do and Safe link Wireless is approved as their free government cell phone carrier, they’ll get these features in the Safelinke Wirless cell phone plan:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of Vermont cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Plan
Vermont residents do not yet have any free Vermont cell phone program or service yet but when they do and Assurance Wireless is approved as their free government cell phone carrier, they’ll get these features in the Assurance Wireless cell phone plan:
- free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10¢ each, 10¢ text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Reachout Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Plan
Vermont just does not have any free Vermont cell phone service yet. When they do and Reachout Wireless is approved as their free government cell phone carrier, they’ll get these feature on their cell phone plan:
- 250 minutes of airtime every month
- if you want to upgrade your minutes they have small monthly fee
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- International Long Distance
- Select Text Messaging
- Voice Mail
Reachout Wireless Vermont Cell Phone Plan Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
Am I Eligible for Free Vermont Cell Phone?
Vermont is not yet participating in any free government cell phone program. When the time comes when there is a Vermont cell phone program, low income Vermont residents can qualify if they are enrolled in any state assistance program or their total household income is at or below the 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Application requires a valid mailing address and thus no PO Box is accepted. The free government cell phone program only gives cell phone service per household. Here are some of the government assistance programs that will qualify you for the Vermont cell phone program once it is in place:
- Food Stamps
- TANG–Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- SSI–Supplemental Security Income
- National School Lunch–But only if you get FREE lunches.
- LIHEAP–Low Income Home Energy Assistance
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8
How to Get Free Vermont cell Phone?
The free government cell phone program is not yet available to Vermont’s residents. They can always check on updates online about free government cell phone programs serving their state. Vermont residents can also learn more on how to get free Vermont cell phone through the different free government cell phone carrier’s site.
To acquire free government cell phone service, all the qualified residents needs to do is to complete their application online. You can also contact your desired carrier about your application. Review the carriers terms and conditions and once done, wait for the approval. Check out these links about free government cell phones: