South Carolina Cell Phone Program
South Carolina is another US state that is participating in free government cell phone program. It has the South Carolina cell phone program. The state has a population of approximately 5,000,000 people. Unfortunately, a little over 17% of them are living in poverty. That is why the South Carolina cell phone program is so important.
In the times when deprived South Carolina need assistance, the state is prepared to help them with open arms. South Carolina provides many types of government assistance programs which financially support those who need help. With the importance of cell phones, South Carolina residents can have free South Carolina cell phone service. Now that’s a sweet comeback with a poverty solution.
Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC) administer the free South Carolina cell phone service. They administert the program to insure that those need people receive free cell phones and service. It helps those who cannot afford basic communications services. Lifeline and USAC have Assurance Wireless and Safe link Wireless to give out service to South Carolina residents.
Assurance Wireless and Safe link Wireless differ a bit in what is avilable in their free cell phone plan features. But they share the same mission, which is to provide quality free government cell phones and service to the qualified residents of South Carolina.
Safelink Wireless South Carolina Cell Phone Plan
Serviceion free South Carolina Cell phone will be provided by Safe link Wireless and they are ready to provide the following cell phone service features:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of South Carolina cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless South Carolina Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless South Carolina Cell Phone Plan
Service for the free South Carolina Cell phone program will be provided by Assurance Wireless too and they are ready to provide the following cell phone service features too:
- Free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10¢ each, 10¢ text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless South Carolina Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Am I Eligible for Free South Carolina Cell Phone?
Qualifying for free South Carolina Cell Phone service is not that complicated. All you need to do is to send your application for the free South Carolina cell phone program, participate in one or more of the available government assistance programs or your total household income is at or below the 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Here are the state assistance programs in South Carolina where if you participate, you qualify for the free South Carolina cell phone program:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
The eligibility also requires a valid mailing address and Po Box is not accepted. Service for free South Carolina Cell Phone is provided one cell phone service per household only.
Like the qualification, getting free South Carolina Cell Phone service is also not complicated. You just need to go online and submit your application to your chosen carrier, either Safe link wireless or Assurance Wireless. You must meet the qualifications for them to consider your application.
It is better that you know ahead of time of how you qualify such as if you participate in a government assistance program. All carriers will need that information or other required proof to show that you are eligible. Take time to learn about free South Carolina cell phone service and the carriers. Check out these links to learn more about the free government cell phone in your state, South Carolina: