North Carolina Cell Phone Program
The government creates programs which give needy people the basic things to exist. This is also true with the North Carolina cell phone program. You can also participate in the free North Carolina cell phone program. Learn more about what the program offers. Learn more about how you can qualify to also receive the free North Carolina cell phone program benefits.
Lifeline together with Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC) administer the free government cell phone and service program. For North Carolina free cell phone service, Lifeline and USAC are determined in reaching the impoverished 15% of the North Carolina’s population. The program intends to serve low-income residents who are living in poverty to help satisfy basic life needs. These two government entities are making every effort to ensure that qualified residents are more aware of and enroll in the North Carolina cell phone program. Communications is one of life needs and a free cell phone with service helps satisfy such need. The government knows how to make free stuff available among the people who truly needs it.
Qualified residents of North Carolina only have one cell phone carrier enrolling folks in the North Carolina cell phone program. Since the North Caroloina cell phone program started, the only carrier providing service to low income people is Assurance Wireless. You need to apply with Assurance Wireless to enroll in the free North Carolina cell phone program.
Assurance Wireless North Carolina Cell Phone Plan
Low income people in North Carolina are fortunate to be able to participate in the North Carolina cell phone program through Assurance Wireless. If you participate, here is the plan you can expect from Assurance Wireless:
- free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- You can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10¢ each, 10¢ text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless North Carolina Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Am I Eligible for Free North Carolina Cell Phone?
The free government cell program is only provided one service per household. You cannot already have phone service and you need to have a valid physical mailing address, (No PO Boxes), in order to qualify for the North Carolina cell phone program.
There are only two ways in which to qualify for free North Carolina cell phone program. You must be enrolled in any existing government assistance program or your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Some Government Assistance Programs That Qualify You:
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
How to Get Free North Carolina Cell Phone.
To get a free North Carolina cell phone you need to qualify for the service first. If you find that you meet all necessary qualifications, then visit the online service at Assurance Wireless. Review their offers and any policies, be aware of who is your free North Carolina cell phone provider before you complete your application. Send your application and any necessary documents online and wait for the approval.
To help you with free North Carolina cell phone, check out these links: