New York Cell Phone Program
New York has the most populous city in the state with a population of 8,000,000. New York statistics are not good with the effects of our recession. Roughly 14.2% of the almost 20 million people living in the state of New York are living in poverty. These impoverished peopled really need the New York cell phone program. This is especially true when the rates of unemployed and low-income residents are growing even more each year. Now more than ever the New York cell phone program can help these needy people.
Especially in New York, the government provides assistance to needy people for the basic things necessary in their daily lives. Now with Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company’s (USAC) working together in the New York cell phone program, New York residents can take advantage of the free New York Cell Phone service and get even more government assistance. Lifeline and the USAC are making their way in helping these low-income residents. They are doing a great job implementing the New York cell phone program where those people get free cell phones and service.
New York may have a big population but they only have one carrier for free New York cell phone. The residents have Assurance Wireless offering the New York cell phone program to take care of their phone service. They truly offer the poor of New York a good and fair cell phone service to help them.
Assurance Wireless New York Cell Phone Plan
The 14.2% of the qualified residents of New York will get the following cell phone plans for free government cell phone service from Assurance Wireless:
- free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Spring Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10? each. Text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless New York Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Am I Eligible for Free New York Cell Phone and Service?
To qualify for free New York cell phone program eligibility, you must be a participant of any government assistance program. Another qualifying option is if your total household income is at or below the 135% of the population. In that case, you are also a qualified New York resident eligible to participate in the free New York cell phone program. Here are some of the qualifying assistance programs:
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
NOTE: The free New York cell phone program can only be provide one service per household. You also need a valid mailing address to approve your application and PO Box is not accepted.
How to Get Free New York Cell Phone?
To apply for the free New York cell phone service program, you just need an Internet connection to send your application. Go online and check out sites that will help you understand the free government cell phone program. Then go check out Assurance Wireless website and complete your application there. Of course to send your application, you need to meet the qualifications of the New York cell phone program first. Here’s some links that will definitely help you with the free New York cell phone program application process: