New Mexico Cell Phone Program
New Mexico residents do not yet have a New Mexico cell phone program where they get free government cell phones and service. However, they can get discounted home phone service that is supported by the government.
The free government cell phone program is under the care of Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). Like the project’s name implies, Lifeline secures basic phone and cell phone service that is given away to low income people. These two government institutions work hard to reach the people who really need government support for free cell phone service. It is sad that there are some states that do not yet have a free cell phone program. Hopefully soon, there will be a New Mexico cell phone program that low income residents can take advantage of.
Throughout the US, there are many cell providers who support the free government cell phone program. The major carriers of the free cell phone service are Assurance Wireless, Safe link Wireless, and Reach Out Wireless. Once, there is a New Mexico cell phone program, you can bet their programs will be in place. Currently, their free government cell phone programs offer:
Safelink Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Plan
There is no New Mexico cell phone program offer through any government assistance program. At the moment, there is no approval but we hope that approval is quickly forthcoming. Then, low income residents can expect help from the New Mexico cell phone program with services provide by Safe link Wireless:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of New Mexico cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month.
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Plan
Free government service is not yet included in New Mexico’s government assistance program. When the New Mexico cell phone program is approved, New Mexico residents will get the following services from Assurance Wireless:
- free cell phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Spring Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10¢ each, 10¢ text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Reachout Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Plan
Free government service is not yet included on New Mexico’s government assistance program. Hopefully, soon the New Mexico cell phone program will be in effedt where New Mexico residents will get the following services from Reachout Wireless:
- 250 minutes of airtime every month
- if you want to upgrade your minutes they have small monthly fee
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- International Long Distance
- Select Text Messaging
- Voice Mail
Reachout Wireless New Mexico Cell Phone Plan Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
Am I Eligible for Free New Mexico Cell Phone?
New Mexico Residents are not yet participating on free government cell phone. However, preparing for qualify for the New Mexico cell phone program is not hard. Please know you can only get one free government cell phone per household. You also need a physical mailing address as PO Boxes are not accepted.
You can qualify two ways under the anticipated New Mexico cell phone program. Interested applicants must be a participant of any government assistance program. Or, if your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines then you can qualify for free government cell phone and service. Here are some of the government assistance program that can qualify you for free government cell phone:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch (free program only)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
How to Get Free New Mexico Cell Phone?
Like the eligibility process, signing up for free government cell phone is not that hard. The service is not yet available in states like New Mexico but, once it is, you can easily apply for service from one of the carriers.Visit your state’s carriers for free government cell phone program and take a look at the service they provide and choose your provider. Once ready, complete your application at the provider’s website and you are off with your free cell phone service. Review these links for more information: