Michigan Cell Phone Program
Services like cell phones are what we consider as one of the common necessities of today. It’s sad that with such outlook on cell phones not everyone can afford it. Thankfully, those in need can get a free Michigan cell phone and service.
The free Michigan cell phone program takes it leap to Michigan residents in providing cell phone and cell phone services. This government cell phone program started 2008 through Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company’s (USAC) management. The program has a simple goal. It aims to serve the low income residents in getting the phone service that they can’t afford through a Michigan cell phone and service. The program also helps the participant to save money for other important expenses by not worrying or spending on cell phone services.
The Michigan’s economy is not doing well with 14.3% of its residents living in poverty. There are times when the chances are low in getting every unemployed or low income individual to sustain themselves in their daily needs. Of course, Michigan’s local government is working to get the economy back and to help the people sustaining their needs such as with a free Michigan cell phone. In campaigning for free cell phone service, Michigan government wants to get qualified residents to take advantage of government assistance programs to help them surpass the problem of poverty.
Not all states has three free government cell phone providers to serve them. Michigan residents have the options to choose among the three big providers for a free Michigan cell phone and service: Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, and Reachout Wireless. Options are provided and the cell phone service remains for free.
Safelink Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Plan
For Michigan’s qualified residents, you’ll get the following great free Michigan cell phone plans from Safelink Wireless:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- ·One Year Activation of Michigan cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Plan
For Michigan’s qualified residents, you’ll get the following great free Michigan cell phone plans from
- free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Spring Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10¢ each, 10¢ text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Program Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone Contact: 1-888-898-4888
Email Contact: email@example.com
Reachout Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Plan
For Michigan’s qualified residents, you’ll get the following great free Michigan cell phone plans from Reachout Wireless:
- 250 minutes of airtime every month
- if you want to upgrade your minutes they have small monthly fee
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- International Long Distance
- Select Text Messaging
- Voice Mail
Reachout Wireless Michigan Cell Phone Plan Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
Am I Eligible for Free Michigan Cell Phone?
A free Michigan cell phone is a government assistance program which is always intended to low income people. To qualify for the service you should be enrolled to one of the following government assistance program:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch (free program only)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
If you’re not enrolled in one of the above’s government assistance program you can still qualify for a free Michigan cell phone and service if your total household income is at or below the 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How to Get Free Michigan Cell Phone?
As a qualified resident of Michigan for free cell phone and phone service, you need to send your application by visiting these links:
Once you submit your application you’ll get your free cell phone service activated in no time. Just to inform you, the program requires a physical address to certify your application and the service is provided only one per household.