Kentucky Cell Phone Program
There are good reasons why the people in Kentucky needed the Kentucky cell phone program. Historically, the people in Kentucky have been poorer than the rest of the nationa. The current recession is another reason why unemployment rate in Kentucky reaches almost 11% of the population. There are many impoverished people living in Kentucky who need government assistance with food, housing and heat. Now, the Kentucky cell phone program also allows them to get another basic life essential and that is communications–a free cell phone and free cell phone service.
Lifeline together with Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) brought the free cell phone service to Kentucky. They made sure that the free Kentucky cell phone program will deliver the necessary assistance to those qualified residents of Kentucky. Lifeline and USAC did not just handle the program only to provide assistance to those who are impoverished. They made sure that the Kentucky cell phone program provided top notch assistance from good and credible cell phone carriers providing qualify cell phones and cell phone service.
Safelink Wireless and Assurance Wireless are the carriers who have been providing free Kentucky cell phone service to its qualified Kentucky residents. Here is a summary of their programs under the free Kentucky cell phone program.
Safelink Wireless Kentucky Cell Phone Plan
The free Kentucky cell phone plan of Safelink Wireless will provide the following services to qualified residents:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone
Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipient’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of Kentucky cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless Kentucky Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless Kentucky Cell Phone Plan
The free Kentucky cell phone plan of Assurance Wireless will provide the following services to qualified residents:
- Free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10? each, 10? text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assurance Wireless Kentucky Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Am I Eligible for Free Kentucky Cell Phone Program?
It is relatively easy to be eligible for the program once you meet the requirements. One way to test your program eligibility is if you meet the government assistance requirements If you are a participant of any one of the following government assistance programs, then you qualify:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
Another way to test if you are eligible for the program and you do not participate in any of the above existing government assistance programs is that your total household income is equal to or below the 135% Federal Poverty Guidelines threshhold, then you are still a qualified applicant for the free Kentucky cell phone program.
How to Get Free Kentucky Cell Phone
Please remember a few things about the program. The program only permits one phone service per household. You also need a valid physical address as you cannot qualify for the program if you only have a PO Box. The application also requires valid physical address to verify your service.
If you are eligible for the free Kentucky cell phone program , then you should check out the following websites to see how you can apply and sign up for the service: