Hawaii Cell Phone Program
Right now there is no free Hawaii cell phone program. The US free government cell phone program tries to reach all US citizens who definitely need cell phone service but the program is not yet in Hawaii. It is said that there is no Hawaii cell phone program because many people cannot get this basic service for communications. They may be hindered in getting and keeping a job. However, we are hopefuly that there will soon be an Hawaii cell phone program once it is approved.
Lifeline and Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC) are the two government entities that work hard to provide free government cell phone service to those less fortunate citizens. If we look at Hawaii’s population of about 1,400,000 people, over 10$ of them are living in poverty. They are Hawaii’s residents who sincerely need any state assistance program to get them through with their daily lives.
Hopefully soon the main free cell phone carriers will get to serve Hawaii residents. Assurance Wireless, Safe link Wireless, and Reachout Wireless are the main service providers of the free government cell phone program. These three providers are serving happy participants of the free government cell phone all over the states.
Safelink Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Plan
There is no Hawaii cell phone program but once it is available, we believe that Hawaii residents will receive the following plans and features from Safe link Wireless:
- 68, 125 or 250 Cell Phone Service Plan Minutes.
- International Long Distance Accessibility, (68 minute plan only.)
- Carry-over of unused minutes depending upon the recipien’s plan choice. (Not eligible for 250 minutes plan.)
- One Year Activation of Hawaii cell phone service.
- Ability to use TracFone Airtime cards with easy accessibility from stores and pharmacies and buy more minutes.
- Power features like Call Waiting, Caller Id and Voicemail service.
- Air time is automatically refilled each month
- Free 911
- Free Roaming
- Change plans at any time.
Safe Link Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Contact Information
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Plan Support Contact: 1-800-977-3768
Technical Support Contact: 1-800-378-1684
Assurance Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Plan
There is no Hawaii cell phone program yet to service Hawaii residents because the free government cell phone is not yet available to them but once it will be, residents will get these cell phone plans from Assurance Wireless:
- Free phone
- 250 Minutes Added automatically each month.
- No annual contract.
- Uses Sprint Network Cell phone coverage
- 911 Access
- Voice mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID
- you can add more minutes through monthly fees ($5 per month for 500 minutes) ($20 per month for 1000 minutes + 1000 text messages)
- Customer Care Calls to Assurance Wireless are free.
- Buy extra service with Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards which have easy accessibility at local stores. You can get additional offers through Virgin Mobile. Such as additional minutes at 10 cent; each, 10 cent; text messages, messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages, 411 service at $1.75 per call plus air time and International calling to over 200 countries for cheap rates.
Assuarnce Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Contact Information
P.O. Box 686
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Reachout Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Plan
There is no free Hawaii cell phone program for Hawaii residents. However, once it is available through Reachout Wirless, we believe they will provide the following cell phone plans and features:
- 250 minutes of airtime every month
- if you want to upgrade your minutes they have small monthly fee
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- International Long Distance
- Select Text Messaging
- Voice Mail
Reachout Wireless Hawaii Cell Phone Plan Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
Am I Eligible for Free Hawaii Cell Phone?
There’s only a few requirements to be eligible for free government cell phone service, but then Hawaii is not yet participating on free government cell phone. Once Hawaii residents gets to participate, they just either need to be a participant in any state assistance program or their total household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines to qualify for the service. Below is a list of state assistance programs that could qualify you for the free Hawaii cell phone service once it is available:
- Food Stamps
- TANG–Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- SSI–Supplemental Security Income
- National School Lunch–But only if you get FREE lunches.
- LIHEAP–Low Income Home Energy Assistance
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8
Eligible applicants needs to have a valid mailing address to verify the application. PO Boxes are not accepted.
How to Get Free Hawaii Cell Phone.
Like the eligibility, it is also easy to get your service activated. As an eligible free government cell phone program participant, you need to educate yourself on how the program works and what carriers are available in your state. Decide on which carrier you’ll sign up the service with. Contact your chosen carrier or send your application online. Then wait for the result.
Here are links for you to check on any updates about the free Hawaii cell phone program: