Free California Cell Phone Program
The free government cell phone program as conducted by Lifeline together with USAC manage the free cell phone and phone service program as how low income households should qualify for a FREE California cell phone.
Service for the free California cell phone program may vary as it does from state to state and even from carriers. They want to make sure that phone service assistance is provided as best as possible as it is an important state interest.
With California’s high employment rate of 12% and population of 36,961,664, resident receive the government’s free California cell phone program in a different way. For California residents, a cell phone and the phone service are not provided for free but offered at very low discounted rates.
The only provider for the free California cell phone and service for now is Reachout Wireless. They offer service through Lifeline with unlimited local calling options ranging from $5.47 to $6.84 per month. This is cheap at almost half price when you compare what your local cell phone carrier will charge you. If you don’t want to get the unlimited local calling service and be charged per call, you’ll be charged ranging between $.91 to $3.66 for the first 60 calls.
Reachout California Cell Phone Plan
Reachout has a different way of providing California cell phone service which is distinctly made for California residents only. Here are the cell phone plan features:
• 250 Minutes for $2.50
• 500 Minutes for $5.00
• 1000 Minutes for $20.00
• you’ll get a basic phone
• 3-Way Calling
• Call Forwarding
• Caller ID
• Call Waiting
• International Long Distance
• Select Text Messaging
• Voice Mail
• the price does not include taxes, application surcharges, and fees.
Reachout Wireless California Program Contact Information
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222
How Can I Qualify for California Cell Phone?
Qualifying for California Lifeline Cell phone is also different from the other states. There are two ways to qualify for a discounted California cell phone and cell phone service. The first qualification is you must be enrolled in one or more of the following government assistance programs like:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• Healthy Families Category A
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
1 California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
2 Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
3 Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
4 Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
The second qualification is if your annual household gross income is at or less that the annual limits under your household size:
• Household size with 1-2 members with an annual income limit of $24,000
• Household size with 3 members with an annual income limit of $28,200
• Household size with 4 members with an annual income limit of $34,000
• and for each additional member in a household the added amount for annual income limit is $5,800.
How to Get California Lifeline Cell Phone?
Once you are qualified under one of the eligibility requirements, visit ReachOut Wireless.com to send your application. Choose among the California cell phone plans they offer and make sure that you clicked on your state’s link and verify your application with a valid physical address.